|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RGE) | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide input voltage range: 2.7 V to 24 V
- 30-V Absolute maximum
- Low On-Resistance: RON = 2.7-mΩ typical
- Adjustable current limit threshold
- Range: 2 A to 15 A
- Accuracy: ± 8% (typical for ILIM > 5 A)
- Circuit breaker and current limiter options
- Adjustable overcurrent blanking timer
- Handles load transients without tripping
- Accurate current monitor output
- ± 1.5% (typical at 25 °C for IOUT> 3 A)
- User configurable fault response
- Latch-off or auto-retry
- Number of retries (Finite orindefinite)
- Delay betweenretries
- Robust short-circuit protection
- Fast-trip response time < 400-ns typical
- Tested against 1 million power-into-shortevents
- Immune to line transients - no nuisance tripping
- Adjustable output slew rate (dVdt) control
- Adjustable undervoltage lockout
- Overvoltage lockout (Fixed 3.7-V, 7.6-V, 16.9-V and no-OVLO options)
- Integrated overtemperature protection
- Power good indication
- Adjustable load detect and handshake timer
- UL 2367 Recognition (pending)
- IEC 62368 CB Certification (pending)
- Small footprint: 4-mm × 4-mm QFN package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS259827LNRGET
The TPS25982 family of eFuses is a highly integrated circuit protection and powermanagement solution in a small package. The devices are operational over a wide input voltagerange. A single part caters to low-voltage systems needing minimal I*R voltage drop as well ashigher voltage, high current systems needing low power dissipation. They are a robust defenseagainst overloads, short-circuits, voltage surges and excessive inrush current.
Overvoltage events are limited by internal cutoff circuits, with multiple device optionsto choose the overvoltage threshold.
Multiple device options exist to choose between the response to overcurrent conditions,circuit breaker or active current limiter. The overcurrent limit and fast-trip (short-circuit)threshold can be set with a single external resistor. The devices intelligently manage theovercurrent response by distinguishing between transient events and actual faults, thereby allowingthe system to function uninterrupted during line and load transients without compromising on therobustness of the protection against faults. The device can be configured to stay latched off orretry automatically after a fault shutdown. The number of auto-retries as well as the retry delayare configurable with capacitors. This enables remote systems to automatically recover fromtemporary faults while ensuring that power supplies are not stressed indefinitely due to apersistent fault.
The TPS25982 devices are available in a small 4 mm × 4 mm QFN package. The devices arecharacterized for operation over a junction temperature range of –40˚C to 125˚C.