|Package | PIN:||HVSSOP (DGQ) | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operating Input Voltage 2.25 V to 5.5 V
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.7 V
- 1% Internal 0.7 V Reference
- Predictive Gate Drive N-Channel MOSFET Drivers for Higher Efficiency
- Externally Adjustable Soft-Start and Overcurrent Limit
- Fixed-Frequency Voltage-Mode Control
- TPS40007, 300 kHz
- TPS40009, 600 kHz
- Source/Sink with VOUT Prebias
- 10-Lead MSOP PowerPad Package for Higher Performance
- Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Boostrap Diode
- Networking Equipment
- Telecom Equipment
- Base Stations
- DSP Power
- Power Modules
PowerPAD and Predictive Gate Drive are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments TPS40007DGQG4
The TPS4000x are controllers for low-voltage, non-isolated synchronous buck regulators. These controllers drive an N-channel MOSFET for the primary buck switch, and an N-channel MOSFET for the synchronous rectifier switch, thereby achieving very high-efficiency power conversion. In addition, the device controls the delays from main switch off to rectifier turn-on and from rectifier turn-off to main switch turn-on in such a way as to minimize diode losses (both conduction and recovery) in the synchronous rectifier with TIs proprietary Predictive Gate Drive technology. The reduction in these losses is significant and increases efficiency. For a given converter power level, smaller FETs can be used, or heat sinking can be reduced or even eliminated.
The current-limit threshold is adjustable with a single resistor connected to the device. The TPS4000x controllers implement a closed-loop soft start function. Startup ramp time is set by a single external capacitor connected to the SS/SD pin. The SS/SD pin is also used for shutdown.