- 8 V to 14 V input range
- 1.8 V fixed output, adjustable with single resistor
- 10 Adc steady-state output current
- 600 kHz switching frequency (fixed by TPS40192)
- Single SO-8 MOSFETs for both main switch and synchronous rectifier.
- Double-sided, two active layer PCB with all components on top side (test-point signals routed on internal layers)
- Active converter area of less than 1 square inch, 1.20 inch x 0.85 inch
- Convenient test points for probing switching waveforms and noninvasive loop-response testing
Texas Instruments TPS40192EVM-001
The TPS40192EVM-001 evaluation module (EVM) is a synchronous buck converter providing a fixed 1.8 V output at up to 10 A from a 12 V input bus. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply; so, no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS40192 reduced pin count, mid-voltage, synchronous buck controller.
TPS40192EVM-001 is designed to use a regulated 12 V (8 V to 14 V) bus to produce a regulated 1.8 V output at up to 10 A of load current. TPS40192EVM-001 is designed to demonstrate the TPS40192 in a typical 12 V bus to low-voltage applications while providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS40192 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to support output voltages from 0.9 V to 3.3 V by changing a single set resistor.