- 8-V to 14-V input range
- 1.8-V fixed output, adjustable with single resistor
- 0-Adc steady-state output current
- 600-kHz switching frequency (fixed by TPS40192)
- Single 5mm × 6mm TI NexFET for both main switch and synchronous rectifier
- Four-layer board with all components on the top side
- Convenient test points for probing switching waveforms and noninvasive loop-response testing
The TPS40192EVM-525 evaluation module (EVM) is a synchronous buck converter providing a fixed1.8-V output at up to 10 A from a 12-V input bus. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply; so, no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS40192 reduced pin count, mid-voltage, synchronous buck controller and TI's NexFET high performance MOSFETs.TPS40192EVM-525 is designed to use a regulated 12-V (8-V to 14-V) bus to produce a regulated 1.8-V output at up to 10 A of load current. TPS40192EVM-525 is designed to demonstrate the TPS40192 in a typical 12-V bus to low-voltage applications while providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS40192 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to support output voltagesfrom 0.9 V to 3.3 V by changing a single set resistor.