- 8-V to 18-V Input Range
- 700-mV Fixed Output Current, Adjustable with 1210 Package Resistor Change
- 42-V Open Circuit Protection
- 300-kHz Switching Frequency
- Single SO-8 Switching MOSFET and Rectifier Diode
- Double Sided 2-Layer PCB With All Components On Top Side
- Active Converter Area 1.25 x 1.25 (less than 1.6 in)
- Convenient Test Points for Probing Output Voltage, Current Sense, Switching Waveforms andNon-Invasive Loop Response Testing
Texas Instruments TPS40211EVM-352
The TPS40211EVM-352 evaluation module (EVM) is a fixed frequency, (300 kHz), non-synchronous boostconverter providing fixed 700-mA output at 20 V to 35 V from a 8-V to 18-V input source. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply, so no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS40211 Non-Synchronous Current Mode Control Boost Controller with integral N-channel FET driver.
TPS40211EVM-352 is designed to use a loosely regulated 12-V (8 V to 18 V) source to produce aregulated current driver at 700 mV for constant current loads such as high-brightness LEDs.TPS40211EVM-352 is designed to demonstrate the TPS40211 in a typical LED Driver for 6 to 10 LEDswhile providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS40211 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to other input voltages or output currents by changing some of the components.