- 8-V to 14-V input voltage rating
- 1.8-V ± 2% output voltage rating
- 10-A steady state load current
- 1.2-MHz switching frequency
- Simple access to IC features including Power Good, Enable, Soft-Start, and Error Amplifier
- Convenient test points for simple, non-invasive measurements of converter performance
Texas Instruments TPS40305EVM-488
The TPS40305EVM-488 evaluation module (EVM) is a synchronous buck converter providing a fixed 1.8-V output at up to 10A from a 12-V input bus. The EVM is designed to start-up from a single supply; so, no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS40305 high performance, mid-input voltage synchronous buck controller and TI’s NexFET™ high performance MOSFETs. The TPS40305EVM-488 is designed to use a regulated 12-V (8V-14V) bus voltage to provide a regulated 1.8-V output at up to 10A of load current. The TPS40305EVM-488 is designed to demonstrate the TPS40305 controller and TI NexFETs in a typical 12-V bus to low-voltage application while providing a number of non-invasive test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS40305 and TI NexFETs in a given application.