- 8V to 14V input range
- 1.2V fixed output
- 20A DC steady state current
- PMBus enabled analog controller
- Programmable switching frequency: 200kHz–2MHz
- Programmable soft-start
- Programmable over current protection
- Inductor resistance or series resistance use for current sensing
- Remote voltage sense amplifier
- Voltage Mode Feedback Control with Voltage Feedforward
Texas Instruments TPS40400EVM-351
The TPS40400EVM-351 evaluation module (EVM) is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the TPS40400 PMBus Synchronous Buck Controller in a typical single output application. The EVM is designed to use a regulated 8Vdc to 14Vdc bus to produce a regulated output of 1.2Vdc at a maximum of 20A of load current. The EVM features the CSD16325Q5 and CSD16404Q5A NexFET Power FETs.
If a designer wants to communicate with this EVM from a Windows-based PC, a separate USB Interface Adapter EVM is required. The USB-TO-GPIO Adapter serves as an interface adapter or a bridge between a host PC (IBM compatible) and one or multiple slave devices via a standard type-A to mini-B USB cable. The USB-TO-GPIO Adapter is listed below in the related products section.