|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RHA) | 40|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Single Supply Operation: 4.5 V to 20 V
- Output Voltage from 0.6 V to 5.6 V
- Dual-output or Two-Phase Synchronous Buck Controller
- PMBus™ Interface Capability
- Margining Up or Down with 2-mV Step
- Programmable Fault Limit and Response
- Output Voltage, Output Current Monitoring
- External Temperature Monitoring with 2N3904 Transistor
- Programmable UVLO ON and OFF Thresholds
- Programmable Soft-start Time and Turn-On and Turn-Off Delay
- On-Chip Non-volatile Memory (NVM) to Store Custom Configurations
- 180° Out-of-Phase to Reduce Input Ripple
- 600-mV Reference Voltage with ±0.5% Accuracy from 0°C to 85°C
- Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 200 kHz to 1 MHz
- Voltage Mode Control with Input Feed Forward
- Current Sharing for Multiphase Operation
- Supports Pre-biased Output
- Differential Remote Sensing
- External SYNC
- BPEXT Pin Boosts Efficiency by Supporting External Bias Power Switch Over
- OC, OV, UV, and OT Fault Protection
- 40-Pin, 6 mm × 6 mm VQFN Package with 0.5-mm Pitch
- 40-Pin, 5 mm × 5 mm WQFN Package with 0.4-mm Pitch
Texas Instruments TPS40422RHAT
The TPS40422 is a dual-output PMBus protocol, synchronous buck controller. It can be configured also for a single, two-phase output.
The wide input range supports 5-V and 12-V intermediate buses. The accurate reference voltage satisfies the need of precision voltage to the modern ASICs and potentially reduces the output capacitance. Voltage mode control reduces noise sensitivity and also ensures low duty ratio conversion.
Using the PMBus protocol, the device margining function, reference voltage, fault limit, UVLO threshold, soft-start time, turn-on delay, and turn-off delay can be programmed.
In addition, an accurate measurement system is implemented to monitor the output voltages, currents and temperatures for each channel.