- Two 150-mΩ/70-mΩ MOSFETs for 1.5-A continuous output current
- 200-mV/100-mV internal voltage reference in analog/PWM dimming mode
- Precision analog dimming by PWM input as low as 1%
- LED open/short protection
- Sense-resistor open/short protection
The TPS54201EVM-818 evaluation module (EVM) helps designers evaluate the operation and performance of the TPS54201 synchronous buck switching regulator designed for high-current LED driver applications. The TPS54201 is a 1.5-A synchronous buck LED driver and features a wide input-voltage range (4.5 V to 28 V), deep analog-mode dimming (1% to 100%) implemented by a PWM input, and PWM-mode dimming capability. For safety, multiple types of protection are implemented, including LED open/short protection, sense-resistor open/short protection, and device thermal protection. To protect the LED from overcurrent damage, the driver enters hiccup protection mode once overcurrent is detected.