- D-CAP2™ Mode Enables Fast Transient Response
- Low Output Ripple and Allows Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Wide VIN Input Voltage Range: 7 V to 18 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 5.5 V
- Highly Efficient Integrated FET’s Optimized
for Lower Duty Cycle Applications
– 63 mΩ (High Side) and 55 mΩ (Low Side)
- High Efficiency, less than 10 µA at shutdown
- High Initial Bandgap Reference Accuracy
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Pre-Biased Soft Start
- 700-kHz Switching Frequency (fSW)
- Cycle By Cycle Over Current Limit
- Power Good Output
- Wide Range of Applications for Low Voltage System
- Digital TV Power Supply
- High Definition Blu-ray Disc™ Players
- Networking Home Terminal
- Digital Set Top Box (STB)
SWIFT, D-CAP2, PowerPAD are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Blu-ray Disc is a trademark of Blu-ray Disc Association.
The TPS54429 is an adaptive on-time D-CAP2™ mode synchronous buck converter. The TPS54429 enables system designers to complete the suite of various end equipment’s power bus regulators with a cost effective, low component count, low standby current solution. The main control loop for the TPS54429 uses the D-CAP2™ mode control which provides a very fast transient response with no external compensation components. The TPS54429 also has a proprietary circuit that enables the device to adopt to both low equivalent series resistance (ESR) output capacitors, such as POSCAP or SP-CAP, and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors. The device operates from 7-V to 18-V VIN input. The output voltage can be programmed between 0.76 V and 5.5 V. The device also features an adjustable soft start time and a power good function. The TPS54429 is available in the 14-pin HTSSOP package, and designed to operate from –20°C to 85°C.