- Four Operational Modes:
- Torch and Flash up to ILED = 1200 mA
- Voltage-Regulated Boost Converter: 4.5/5.0/5.25 V
- Shutdown: 0.3 μA (typ)
- Total Solution Circuit Area < 25 mm²
- Up to 96% Efficiency
- I²C-Compatible Interface up to 400 kbps
- Integrated LED Turn-On Safety Timer
- Zero Latency TX-Masking Input (TPS61050)
- Integrated ADC for LED VF Monitoring
- Integrated Low Light Dimming Mode
- LED Disconnect During Shutdown
- Open/Shorted LED Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
Texas Instruments TPS61050EVM-269
The TPS61050EVM-269 facilitates evaluation of the TPS61050 1.2 A High Power White LED Driver IC in the BGA (YZG) package.
The TPS6105x device is based on a high-frequencysynchronous-boost topology with constant current sink to drive single white LEDs. The device uses an inductive fixed-frequency PWM control scheme using small external components, minimizing input ripple current.
The 2 MHz switching frequency allows the use of small and low profile 2.2 μH inductors. To optimize overall efficiency, the device operates with only a 250 mV LED feedback voltage.