|Package | PIN:||WSON (DSE) | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 300 nA Ultra-Low IQ in Low Power mode
- Startup into Load at 0.7 V Input Voltage
- Operating Input Voltage from 0.7 V to 4.5 V
- Selectable Output Voltages Up to 4.3 V
- Minimum 350 mA Switch Peak Current Limit
- Integrated LDO/Load Switch
- Two Modes Controlled by MODE Pin
- Active Mode: Dual Outputs at Set Values
- Low Power Mode: LDO/Load Switch Off;
Boost Keeps On
- Automatic Pass-Through
- Up to 88% Efficiency at 10 µA Load from 2 V to
3.3 V Conversion (Low Power Mode)
- Up to 93% Efficiency at 5 mA ∼ 100 mA Load
from 2 V to 3.3 V Conversion
- 1.5 mm × 1.5 mm WSON Package
Texas Instruments TPS610985DSER
The TPS61098x is an ultra low power solution for products powered by either a one-cell or two-cell alkaline, NiCd or NiMH, one-cell coin cell or one-cell Li-Ion or Li-polymer battery. It integrates either a Low-dropout Linear Regulator (LDO) or a load switch with a boost converter and provides two output rails. The boost output V(MAIN) is designed as an always-on supply for a main system, and the LDO or load switch output V(SUB) is to power peripheral devices.
The TPS61098x has two modes controlled by MODE pin: Active mode and Low Power mode. In Active mode, both outputs are enabled with enhanced response performance. In Low Power mode, the LDO or load switch is disabled to disconnect peripherals. The TPS61098x consumes only 300 nA quiescent current and can achieve up to 88% efficiency at 10 µA load in Low Power mode.
The TPS61098x supports automatic pass-through function. When input voltage is higher than a pass-through threshold, the boost converter stops switching and passes the input voltage to VMAIN rail; when input voltage is lower than the threshold, the boost works in boost mode and regulates output at the target value. The TPS61098x provides different versions for different output set values.
The TPS61098x can provide up to 50 mA total output current at 0.7 V input to 3.3 V output conversion. The boost is based on a hysteretic controller topology using synchronous rectifier to obtain maximum efficiency at minimal quiescent current.
The TPS61098x is available in 1.5 mm × 1.5 mm WSON package to enable small circuit layout size.