|Package | PIN:||DSBGA (YFF) | 9|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Fixed Output Voltage: 4.5 / 4.7 / 5.0 / 5.2 V
- Two FETs Integrated: 35-mΩ LS-FET,
- IOUT ≥ 1500mA continuously at VOUT = 5 V and
VIN ≥ 3 V
- 42-µA Quiescent Current from Input
- 4-A Switching Valley Current Limit
- 3.8-MHz Switching Frequency
- Selectable Auto PFM, Forced PWM and Ultrasonic Mode
- Support Pass-Through Mode
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- 600-µs Soft-Start Time
- Hiccup-Mode Short Protection
- Load Disconnection during Shutdown
- Thermal Shutdown
- Total Solution Size < 25 mm2
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS61253A With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS61253AYFFR
The TPS6125xA device provides a power supply solution for battery-powered portableapplications. With the input voltage ranging from 2.3 V to 5.5 V, the device supports theapplications powered by the Li-Ion batteries with the extended voltage range. Different fixedoutput voltage versions are available of 4.5 V, 4.7 V, 5 V and 5.2 V. The TPS6125xA supports up to1500-mA load current from a battery discharged as low as 3 V.
The TPS6125xA operates at typical 3.8-MHz switching frequency. The TPS6125xA could beflexibly configured at the Auto PFM mode, forced PWM mode or ultrasonic mode. The Auto PFM modecould benefit with the high efficiency at the light load. The forced PWM operation can make theswitching frequency be constant crossing the whole load range. The ultrasonic mode keeps theswitching frequency always larger than 25 kHz at any load condition to avoid the acousticnoise.
TPS6125xA has a built-in 600-µs soft start to avoid the inrush current at startup. Whenthe output is shorted, the device enters into the hiccup mode and recovers automatically after theshort releases. During the shutdown, the load is completely disconnected from the input end withmaximum 1.3-uA current being consumed.
The TPS6125xA comes in a 9-ball 1.2-mm x 1.3-mm WCSP package and offers a very smallsolution size with the minimum amount of external components.