|Package | PIN:||DSBGA (YZF) | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
- High-Efficiency Step-Down Converter
- Output Current up to 650 mA
- VIN Range From 2.5 to 6.0 V
- 2.0-MHz Fixed-Frequency Operation
- Clock Dithering (TPS62701)
- Dynamic Voltage Control With External Reference (1.3 V to 3.09 V)
- Fast Output-Voltage Settling (1.3 V to 3.09 V in 20 µs)
- Soft Start
- Overload Protection
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Thermal Protection
- 8-Pin WCSP Package
- Cell Phones, Smart Phones
- Battery-Powered RF Amplifier
Texas Instruments TPS62700YZFR
The TPS6270x device is a high-efficiency synchronous step-down DC-DC converter optimized for RF power-amplifier (PA) applications. It provides up to 650 mA of output current from a single Li-Ion cell.
The device converts input voltages from 2.5 to 6.0 V down to an output voltage set by an external analog reference voltage applied to the pin VCON. The output voltage follows the external reference by an internal gain of 2.5 within the limits of 1.3 V to 3.09 V. This scheme adjusts the output voltage of the DC/DC converter and therefore the output power of an RF-PA.
The TPS6270x operates in fixed-frequency PWM mode at a 2.0-MHz switching frequency to minimize RF interference. This converter operates with only three small external components; an input capacitor, inductor and output capacitor. The TPS62701 has in addition a built-in clock-dithering circuit to reduce RF noise.
The TPS6270x is available in a tiny 8 pin lead free WCSP package for smallest solution size.