|Package | PIN:||VSON (DRC) | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range: 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Fixed and Adjustable Output Voltage Options from 1.2 V to 5.5 V
- Up to 96% Efficiency
- 1200-mA Output Current at 3.3 V in Step-Down Mode (VIN = 3.6 V to 5.5 V)
- Up to 800-mA Output Current at 3.3 V in Boost Mode (VIN > 2.4 V)
- Automatic Transition Between Step-Down and Boost Mode
- Device Quiescent Current less than 50 μA
- Power-Save Mode for Improved Efficiency at Low Output Power
- Forced Fixed Frequency Operation and Synchronization Possible
- Load Disconnect During Shutdown
- Overtemperature Protection
- Available in a Small 3-mm × 3-mm 10-Pin VSON Package (QFN)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS63001DRCR
The TPS6300x devices provide a power supply solution for products powered by either a two-cell or three-cell alkaline, NiCd or NiMH battery, or a one-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery. Output currents can go as high as 1200 mA while using a single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery, and discharge it down to 2.5 V or lower. The buck-boost converter is based on a fixed frequency, pulse width modulation (PWM) controller using synchronous rectification to obtain maximum efficiency. At low load currents, the converter enters power-save mode to maintain high efficiency over a wide load current range. The power-save mode can be disabled, forcing the converter to operate at a fixed switching frequency. The maximum average current in the switches is limited to a typical value of 1800 mA. The output voltage is programmable using an external resistor divider, or is fixed internally on the chip. The converter can be disabled to minimize battery drain. During shutdown, the load is disconnected from the battery.
The TPS6300x devices operate over a free air temperature range of –40°C to 85°C. The devices are packaged in a 10-pin VSON package (QFN) measuring 3 mm × 3 mm (DRC).