|Package | PIN:||VSON (DRC) | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Adjustable Output Voltage Down to –15 V
- 2.7-V to 5.5-V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 360-mA Output Current
- 1000-mA Typical Switch Current Limit
- Up to 84% Efficiency
- Typical 1.4-MHz Fixed-Frequency PWM Operation
- Thermal Shutdown
- Typical –19-V Output Overvoltage Protection
- 1.5-μA Shutdown Current
- Small 3-mm × 3-mm SON-10 Package (DRC)
All other trademarks are the property of their respective ownersPowerPAD Is a trademark of Texas InstrumentsAPPLICATIONS
- Generic Negative Voltage Supply
- Small-to-Medium Size OLED Displays
- Bias Supply
Texas Instruments TPS63700DRCR
The TPS63700 is an inverting DC/DC converter generating a negative output voltage down to –15 V with output currents up to 360 mA, depending on input-voltage to output-voltage ratio. With a peak efficiency of 84%, the device is ideal for portable battery-powered equipment. The input voltage range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V allows the TPS63700 to be directly powered from a Li-ion battery, from 3-cell NiMH/NiCd, from a 3.3-V or 5-V supply rail.
The inverter operates with a fixed-frequency pulse width modulation (PWM) control topology. The device has an internal current limit, overvoltage protection, and a thermal shutdown for highest reliability under fault conditions.
A switching frequency of typically 1.4 MHz allows the use of small external components enabling a small solution size.
The TPS63700 comes in a small 3-mm × 3-mm SON-10 package.