|Package | PIN:||DSBGA (YFF) | 15|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
- Two pin-2-pin device options, TPS63805 and TPS63806 with specific application focus
- Input voltage range: 1.3 V to 5.5 V
- Device input voltage > 1.8 V for start-up
- Output voltage range: 1.8 V to 5.2 V (adjustable)
- High efficiency over the entire load range
- Low operating quiescent current
- Power save mode and mode selection for forced PWM-mode
- Peak current buck-boost mode architecture
- Defined transition pointsbetween buck, buck-boost, and boost operation modes
- Forwardand reverse current operation
- Start-up into pre-biasedoutputs
- Safety and robust operation features
- Integrated soft start
- Overtemperature- andovervoltage-protection
- True shutdown function with loaddisconnect
- Forward and backward currentlimit
- Optimized for smallest solution size of18.5 mm2 (works with a 22-µF minimum output capacitor)
- 2-A Output current for VI ≥ 2.3 V,VO = 3.3 V
- 11-µA Operating quiescentcurrent
- Optimized for best load step response (180-mV load-stepresponse at a 2 A current step)
- Up to 2.5 A transient output current
- 13-µA Operating quiescent current
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS63806YFFR
The TPS63805 and TPS63806 are high efficiency, high output current buck-boost converters. Depending on the input voltage, they automatically operate in boost,buck, or in a novel 4-cycle buck-boost mode when the input voltage is approximately equal to theoutput voltage. The transitions between modes happen at defined thresholds and avoid unwantedtoggling within the modes to reduce output voltage ripple. The device output voltages areindividually set by a resistive divider within a wide output voltage range.The TPS63805 achieves the lowest solution size with a tiny bill ofmaterials. An 11-µA quiescent current enables the highest efficiency for little to no-loadconditions.
The TPS63806 is optimized for applications where the load-step responseunder a heavy load profile is a concern.
The TPS63805 and TPS63806 come in a1.4 mm x 2.3 mm package.The device works with tiny passive components to keep the overall solution size small.