- Highly Integrated Solution to Reduce Components
- Integrated Voltage Reference
- Integrated 50 V Power Switch
- Integrated IGBT Driver
- High Efficiency
- Programmable Peak Current, 0.9 A to 1.8 A
- Input Battery Voltage of 1.6 V to 12 V
- Optimized Control Loop for Fast Charge Time
- Output Voltage Feedback From Primary Side
- 16-Pin QFN Package
Texas Instruments TPS65560EVM-165
The Texas Instruments TPS65560EVM-165 evaluation module (EVM) helps designers evaluate the operation and performance of the TPS65560 family of devices.
This device offers a complete solution for charging a photo flash capacitor from battery input, and subsequently discharging the capacitor to a xenon flash tube. The device has an integrated voltage reference, power switch, IGBT driver, and control logic blocks for charging applications and driving IGBT applications. Compared with discrete solutions, this device reduces the component count, shrinks the solution size, and eases designs for xenon tube applications. Additional Advantages are fast charging time and high efficiency from an optimized PWM control algorithm.