|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RGW) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Voltage Range: 1.1 V to 5.5 V
- Soft-Start (SS) Pin Provides a Linear Startup With Ramp Time Set by External Capacitor
- 1% Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature
- Supports Input Voltages as Low as 0.9 V With External Bias Supply
- Adjustable Output: 0.8 V to 3.6 V
- Ultra-Low Dropout: 115 mV at 3.0 A (typical)
- Stable With Any or No Output Capacitor
- Excellent Transient Response
- Open-Drain Power-Good (VQFN Only)
- Packages: 5-mm × 5-mm × 1-mm VQFN (RGW), 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm VQFN (RGR), and DDPAK
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS74401RGWRG4
The TPS74401 low-dropout (LDO) linear regulators provide an easy-to-use robustpower-management solution for a wide variety of applications. The user-programmable soft-startminimizes stress on the input power source by reducing capacitive inrush current on start-up. Thesoft-start is monotonic and well-suited for powering many different types of processors andapplication-specific integrated circuits (ASICs). The enable input and power-good output allow easysequencing with external regulators. This complete flexibility lets the user configure a solutionthat meets the sequencing requirements of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), digital signalprocessors (DSPs), and other applications with specific start-up requirements.
A precision reference and error amplifier deliver 1% accuracy over load, line,temperature, and process. The TPS74401 family of LDOs is stable without an output capacitor or withceramic output capacitors. The device family is fully specified from TJ =–40°C to 125°C. The TPS74401 is offered in two 20-pin smallVQFN packages (a 5-mm × 5-mm RGW and a
3.5-mm × 3.5-mm RGR package), yielding a highly compact total solution size. Forapplications that require additional power dissipation, the DDPAK (KTW) package is alsoavailable.