|Package | PIN:||X2QFN (RWB) | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- USB Type-C™ Specification 1.1
- Backward Compatible with USB Type-C Specification 1.0
- Supports Up to 3 A of Current Advertisement and Detection
- Mode Configuration
- Host Only – DFP (Source)
- Device Only – UFP (Sink)
- Dual Role Port –DRP
- Channel Configuration (CC)
- Attach of USB Port Detection
- Cable Orientation Detection
- Type-C Current Mode (Default, Medium,High)
- VBUS Detection
- I2C or GPIO Control
- Role Configuration Control through I2C
- Supply Voltage: 2.7 V to 5 V
- Low Current Consumption
- Industrial Temperature Range of –40 to 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB320IRWBR
The TUSB320 device enables USB Type-C ports with the configurationchannel (CC) logic needed for Type-C ecosystems. The TUSB320 device uses theCC pins to determine port attach and detach, cable orientation, role detection, and port controlfor Type-C current mode. The TUSB320 device can be configured as a downstreamfacing port (DFP), upstream facing port (UFP) or a dual role port (DRP) making it ideal for anyapplication.
The TUSB320 device alternates configuration as a DFP or UFPaccording to the Type-C Specifications. The CC logic block monitors the CC1 and CC2 pins for pullupor pulldown resistances to determine when a USB port has been attached, the orientation of thecable, and the role detected. The CC logic detects the Type-C current mode as default, medium, orhigh depending on the role detected. VBUS detection is implemented todetermine a successful attach in UFP and DRP modes.
The device operates over a wide supply range and has low-power consumption. TheTUSB320 device is available in industrial and commercial temperatureranges.