|Package | PIN:||RWB | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- USB Type-C™ Specification 1.1
- Backward Compatible with USB Type-C Specification 1.0
- Supports Up to 3 A of Current Advertisement and Detection
- Mode Configuration
- Host Only – DFP (Source)
- Device Only – UFP (Sink)
- Dual Role Port –DRP
- Supports both Try.SRC andTry.SNK
- Channel Configuration (CC)
- Attach of USB Port Detection
- Cable Orientation Detection
- Type-C Current Mode (Default, Medium,High)
- VBUS Detection
- I2C or GPIO Control
- Role Configuration Control Through I2C
- Supply Voltage: 2.7 V to 5 V
- Low Current Consumption
- Industrial Temperature Range of –40 to 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB320LIRWBR
The TUSB320LI and TUSB320HI devices (remainderof this document called TUSB320 unless otherwise noted) enables USB Type-Cports with the configuration channel (CC) logic needed for Type-C ecosystems. TheTUSB320 devices use the CC pins to determine port attach and detach, cableorientation, role detection, and port control for Type-C current mode. TheTUSB320 devices can be configured as a downstream facing port (DFP), upstreamfacing port (UFP) or a dual role port (DRP) making it ideal for any application.
The TUSB320 devices alternate configuration as a DFP or UFPaccording to the Type-C specifications. The CC logic block monitors the CC1 and CC2 pins for pullupor pulldown resistances to determine when a USB port has been attached, the orientation of thecable, and the role detected. The CC logic detects the Type-C current mode as default, medium, orhigh depending on the role detected. VBUS detection is implemented todetermine a successful attach in UFP and DRP modes.
The devices operate over a wide supply range and have low-power consumption. TheTUSB320 is available in two versions of enable: Active low enable calledTUSB320LI and active high enable called TUSB320HI. TheTUSB320 family of devices are available in industrial temperature ranges.