|Package | PIN:||X2QFN (RWB) | 12|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
- USB Type-C™ Specification 1.1
- Backward Compatible with USB Type-C Specification 1.0
- Supports Up to 3 A of Current Advertisement through dedicated Current Mode pin
- Mode Configuration
- Host Only – DFP (Source)
- Device Only – UFP (Sink)
- Dual Role Port –DRP
- Channel Configuration (CC)
- Attach of USB Port Detection
- Cable Orientation Detection
- Type-C Current Mode advertisement and detection (Default, Medium,High)
- VBUS Detection
- VCONN Support for Active Cables
- Cable Detection and Direction Control
for External Switches
- Supply Voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Low Current Consumption
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TUSB321RWBR
The TUSB321 device enables USB Type-C ports with the configuration channel (CC) logicneeded for Type-C ecosystems. The TUSB321 device uses the CC pins to determine port attach anddetach, cable orientation, role detection, and port control for Type-C current mode. The TUSB321device can be configured as a downstream facing port (DFP), upstream facing port (UFP) or a dualrole port (DRP) making it ideal for any application.
The TUSB321 device when configured as a DRP alternates configuration as a DFP or UFPaccording to the Type-C Specifications. The CC logic block monitors the CC1 and CC2 pins for pullupor pulldown resistances to determine when a USB port has been attached, the orientation of thecable, and the role detected. The CC logic detects the Type-C current mode as default, medium, orhigh depending on the role detected. VBUS detection is implemented todetermine a successful attach in UFP and DRP modes.
The device operates over a wide supply range and has low-power consumption.