|Package | PIN:||VSON (DRB) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Protection Against 1-kV, 42-Ω IEC 61000-4-5 Surge Test for Industrial Signal Lines
- Bidirectional Polarity Enables Protection Against Bipolar Signaling or Miswiring Conditions
- Clamping Voltage of 40 V at 27-A of 8/20-µs Surge Current
- Standoff Voltage: ±33 V
- Small 3 mm x 3 mm SON Footprint
- Survives Over 5,000 Repetitive Strikes of 25-A 8/20-µs Surge Current
- Robust Surge Protection
- IEC61000-4-5 (8/20 µs): 27 A
- IEC61643-321 (10/1000 µs): 3 A
- Low Leakage Current
- 2.5-nA Typical at 27°C
- 450-nA Maximum at85°C
- Low Capacitance: 54 pF
- Integrated Level 4 IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Protection
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TVS3301DRBR
The TVS3301 device shunts up to 27 A of IEC 61000-4-5 fault current to protect systemsfrom high-power transients or lightning strikes. The device survives the common industrial signalline EMC requirement of 1-kV IEC 61000-4-5 open circuit voltage coupled through a 42-Ω impedance.The TVS3301 uses a feedback mechanism to ensure precise flat clamping during a fault, keepingsystem exposure lower than traditional TVS diodes. The tight voltage regulation allows designers toconfidently select system components with a lower voltage tolerance, lowering system costs andcomplexity without sacrificing robustness. The TVS3301 has a ±33-V operating range to enableoperation in systems that require protection against reverse wiring conditions.
In addition, the TVS3301 is available in a small SON footprint designed for spaceconstrained applications, offering a significant size reduction compared to standard SMA and SMBpackages. Low device leakage and capacitance ensure a minimal effect on the protected line. Toensure robust protection over the lifetime of the product, TI tests the TVS3301 against 5000repetitive surge strikes at 125°C with no shift in device performance.
The TVS3301 is part of TIs Flat-Clamp family of surge devices. For a deeper look at theFlat-Clamp family, refer to the Flat-Clamp Surge Protection Technology for Efficient SystemProtection white paper.