|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Universal: Dual Low-Side, Dual High-Side or Half-Bridge Driver
- Operating Temperature Range –40 to +125°C
- Switching Parameters:
- 19-ns Typical Propagation Delay
- 10-ns Minimum Pulse Width
- 5-ns Maximum Delay Matching
- 5-ns Maximum Pulse-Width Distortion
- Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI) Greater than 100 V/ns
- Surge Immunity up to 12.8 kV
- Isolation Barrier Life >40 Years
- 4-A Peak Source, 6-A Peak Sink Output
- TTL and CMOS Compatible Inputs
- 3-V to 18-V Input VCCI Range to Interface with Both Digital and Analog Controllers
- Up to 25-V VDD Output Drive Supply
- 5-V, 8-V, 12-V VDD UVLO Options
- Programmable Overlap and Dead Time
- Rejects Input Pulses and Noise Transients Shorter than 5 ns
- Fast Enable for Power Sequencing
- Wide Body SOIC-16 (DW) Package
- Safety-Related and Regulatory Approvals:
- 8000-VPK Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V0884-10):2006-12
- 5700-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 End Equipment Standards (Planned)
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011 (Planned)
Texas Instruments UCC21521DW
The UCC21521 is an isolated dual-channel gate driver with 4-A source and 6-A sink peak current. It is designed to drive power MOSFETs, IGBTs, and SiC MOSFETs up to 5-MHz with best-in-class propagation delay and pulse-width distortion.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 5.7-kVRMS reinforced isolation barrier, with a minimum of 100-V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI). Internal functional isolation between the two secondary-side drivers allows a working voltage of up to 1500 VDC.
This driver can be configured as two low-side drivers, two high-side drivers, or a half-bridge driver with programmable dead time (DT). The EN pin pulled low shuts down both outputs simultaneously and allows for normal operation when left open or pulled high. As a fail-safe measure, primary-side logic failures force both outputs low.
The device accepts VDD supply voltages up to 25 V. A wide input VCCI range from 3 V to 18 V makes the driver suitable for interfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All the supply voltage pins have under voltage lock-out (UVLO) protection.
With all these advanced features, the UCC21521 enables high efficiency, high power density, and robustness in a wide variety of power applications.