|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
2,500 | SMALL T&R
- Input filter and output capacitor ripple-current reduction
- Reduced current ripplefor higher system reliability and smaller bulk capacitor
- Reduced EMI filtersize
- High light-load efficiency
- User adjustable phase management with input voltage compensation
- Burst mode operation with adjustable burst threshold
- Helps enable compliance to EUP Lot6 Tier II, CoC Tier II and DOE Level VIstandards
- Sensorless current-shaping simplifies board layout and improves efficiency
- Input line feed-forward for fast line transient response
- Inrush-safe current limiting:
- Prevents MOSFETconduction during inrush
- Eliminates CCM operation and reverse recovery eventsin output rectifier
- Operating temperature range –40°C to +125°C in a 16-pin SOIC package
- Create a Custom Design Using the UCC28064A With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments UCC28064ADR
The UCC28064A interleaved PFC controller has higher power ratingsthan previously possible. The device uses a Natural Interleaving™ technique. Both channels operateas masters (there is no slave channel) synchronized to the same frequency. This approach enablesfaster response time, excellent phase-to-phase on-time matching, and transition mode operation foreach channel. The device has a burst mode function to get high light-load efficiency. Burst modeeliminates the need to turn off the PFC during light load operation to meet standby power targets.Burst mode eliminates the need for an auxiliary flyback converter when paired with UCC25630x LLCcontroller and the UCC24624 synchronous rectifier controller.
Expanded system level protections features include input brownout and dropout recovery,output over-voltage, open-loop, overload, soft-start, phase-fail detection, and thermal shutdown.The additional fail-safe over-voltage protection (OVP) feature protects against shorts to anintermediate voltage that, if undetected, could lead to catastrophic device failure. Advancednon-linear gain results in rapid, yet smooth response to line and load transient events. Specialline-dropout handling avoids significant current disruption. Strong reduction of bias current whennot switching during burst mode operation, improves stand-by performance.