- Universal AC input range (85-V to 265-V AC), 5-V/2-A isolated output
- 5% output voltage (CV) and current (CC) accuracy with primary-side regulation (PSR)
- 83% average efficiency and <60-mW standby power performance exceeds DoE Level VI and EU CoC V5 Tier-2 EPS standards
- 80-mV p-p output voltage ripple at end of 0.15-Ω cable
- Fault protections: output overvoltage, overcurrent, and load short circuit
Texas Instruments UCC28704EVM-724
The UCC28704EVM-724 is a 10-W off-line isolated power supply providing 5-V output on a USB-A port. The converter output voltage and current are regulated to 5% accuracy without using an optocoupler or secondary-side feedback circuits. The EVM demonstrates a low-cost solution to comply with global external power-supply efficiency standards (Department of Energy Level VI, EU Code of Conduct V5 Tier-2, etc.) without adding a secondary-side synchronous rectifier.