|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RTE) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
Custom reel may be available
- Full and Partial Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS) of Primary FET with Adaptive Control
- Programmable Timing for External Si or GaN FETs
- High Switching Frequency up to 1 MHz
- Programmable Adaptive Burst Control and Standby Mode for Light-Load Efficiency with Low Output Ripple and Audible Noise Mitigation
- Brownout Detection without Direct Line Sensing
- Accurate Programmable Over-Power Protection (OPP) to Support Peak Power Mode
- Fault Protections: Over-Temperature, Output Over-Voltage, Output Short-Circuit, Over-Current, and Pin Fault
- Direct Interface with Optocoupler Based Feedback Allows for Dynamically Scalable Output Voltage
- Internal Soft Start
- NTC Thermistor Interface with External Enable
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments UCC28780RTER
UCC28780 is a high-frequency active-clamp flyback controller that enables high-densityAC-to-DC power supplies that comply with stringent global efficiency standards such as DoE Level VIand EU CoC V5 Tier-2. User programmable advanced control law features allow performance to beoptimized for both Silicon (Si) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) power FETs. Direct operation withswitching devices that combine driver and GaN FETs is further enhanced with logic-level gatesignals and enable outputs.
Zero voltage switching (ZVS) is achieved over a wide operating range with advancedauto-tuning techniques, adaptive dead-time optimization, and variable switching frequency controllaw. Using adaptive multimode control that changes the operation based on input and outputconditions, UCC28780 enables high efficiency while mitigating audible noise. With a variableswitching frequency of up to 1 MHz and accurate programmable over-power protection, which providesconsistent power for thermal design across wide line range, the size of passive components can befurther reduced and enable high power density.
UCC28780 works with VDS-sensing synchronous rectifier controllers, such asUCC24612, to achieve higher conversion efficiency andvery compact designs.