|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RGC) | 64|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
250 | SMALL T&R
- Fully Configurable Four-Output Non-Isolated DC/DC
PWM Controller with support for TMS320C6670™ and
TMS320C6678™ DSP VID interface
- Supports Switching Frequencies Up to 2MHz With 250 ps
- Up To 1mV Closed Loop Resolution
- Hardware-Accelerated, 3-Pole/3-Zero Compensator with
Non-Linear Gain for Improved Transient Performance
- Supports Multiple Soft-Start and Soft-Stop Configurations
Including Prebias Start-up
- Supports Voltage Margining and Sequencing
- Sync In Pin Aligns DPWM Clocks Between Multiple UCD92xx Devices
- 12-Bit Digital Monitoring of Power Supply Parameters Including:
- Input Current and Voltage
- Output Current and Voltage
- Temperature at Each Power Stage
- Auxiliary ADC Inputs
- Multiple Levels of Over-current Fault Protection:
- External Current Fault Inputs
- Analog Comparators Monitor Current Sense Voltage
- Current Continually Digitally Monitored
- Over and Under-voltage Fault Protection
- Over-temperature Fault Protection
- Enhanced Nonvolatile Memory With Error Correction Code (ECC)
- Device Operates From a Single Supply With an Internal Regulator
Controller That Allows Operation Over a Wide Supply Voltage Range
- Supported by Fusion Digital Power™ Designer, a Full Featured
PC Based Design Tool to Simulate, Configure, and Monitor
Power Supply Performance.
- Networking Equipment
- Telecommunications Equipment
- FPGA, DSP, and Memory Power
TMS320C6670, TMS320C6678, Fusion Digital Power, Auto-ID are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments UCD9244RGCT
The UCD9244 is a four-rail synchronous buck digital PWM controller designed for non-isolated DC/DC power applications. This device integrates dedicated circuitry for DC/DC loop management with support for up to four VID interfaces. Additionally, the UCD9244 has flash memory and a serial interface to support configurability, monitoring and management.
Several Voltage Identification (VID) modes are supported, including a 4-bit parallel interface, a 6-bit interface and an 8-bit serial interface.
The UCD9244 was designed to provide a wide variety of desirable features for non-isolated DC/DC converter applications while minimizing the total system component count by reducing external circuits. The solution integrates multi-loop management with sequencing, margining and tracking to optimize for total system efficiency. Additionally, loop compensation and calibration are supported without the need to add external components.
To facilitate configuring the device, the Texas Instruments Fusion Digital Power™ Designer is provided. This PC based Graphical User Interface offers an intuitive interface to the device. This tool allows the design engineer to configure the system operating parameters for the application, store the configuration to on-chip non-volatile memory and observe both frequency domain and time domain simulations for each of the power stage outputs.
TI has also developed multiple complementary power stage solutions – from discrete drivers in the UCD7k family to fully tested power train modules in the PTD family. These solutions have been developed to complement the UCD92xx family of system power controllers.