|Package | PIN:||LQFP (PZA) | 80|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
50 | EIAJ TRAY (5+1)
- 16-channel, 16-bit ADC with integrated analog front-end
- Dual simultaneous sampling: 8x2 channels
- Analog: 5 V
- Digital: 1.8 V to 5 V
- Constant 1-MΩ input impedance front-end
- Independently programmable input ranges with 20% overrange
- Programmable low-pass filter
- Excellent DC and AC performance
- On-chip reference and reference buffer
- Excellent over temperature performance
- Overvoltage input clamp with 8-kV ESD
- Optional cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error checking
- On-chip self diagnostic function
- Temperature range: –40°C to +125°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments XDS8686SIPZA
The ADS8686S is a 16-channel data acquisition (DAQ) system based on adual simultaneous-sampling, 16-bit successive approximation register(SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The ADS8686S features a completeanalog front-end for each channel with an input clamp, 1-MΩ input impedance, independentlyprogrammable gain amplifier (PGA), programmable low-pass filter, and an ADC input driver. The device also features a low-drift,precision reference with a buffer to drive the ADCs. A flexible digital interface supportingserial, parallel, and byte communication enables the device to be used with a variety of hostcontrollers.
The ADS8686S can be configured to accept ±10-V, ±5-V, or ±2.5-V bipolar inputs with a 20% overrange option using a single 5-V supply. The high input impedance allows directconnection with sensors and transformers, thus eliminating the need for external driver circuits.The ADS8686S has a highly configurable channel sequencer to reduce thesequencing overhead on the backend controller or processor. The high performance and accuracy,along with zero-latency conversions offered by this device make the ADS8686S agreat choice for multiple industrial applications.