|Package | PIN:||WSON (DRG) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
250 | SMALL T&R
- High speed:
- Gain-bandwidth product: 2.7GHz
- Bandwidth (G = 7 V/V): 790 MHz
- Large-signal bandwidth(2 VPP): 400 MHz
- Slew rate: 1400 V/µs
- Decompensated gain: 7-V/V stable
- Low noise:
- Input voltage noise: 2.2 nV/√Hz
- Input current noise: 2.5 fA/√Hz (f = 10kHz)
- Input bias current: 4 pA (typ)
- Low input capacitance:
- Common-mode: 1.9 pF
- Differential mode: 0.5 pF
- Low distortion (G = 7 V/V, RL = 1 kΩ, VO = 2 VPP):
- HD2, HD3 at 1 MHz: –90 dBc, –96 dBc
- HD2, HD3 at 50 MHz: –57 dBc, –72 dBc
- Wide supply range: 6 V to 13 V
- Output swing: 8 VPP (VS = 10 V)
- Supply current: 27.7 mA
- Shutdown supply current: 27 µA
- Temperature range: –40°C to +85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments XOPA818IDRGT
The OPA818 is a decompensated (gain = 7 V/V stable), voltage-feedback operationalamplifier with a low-noise junction gate field-effect transistor (JFET) input stage that combineshigh gain-bandwidth with a wide supply range from 6 V to 13 V for high-speed and wide dynamic rangeapplications. This amplifier is manufactured using Texas Instruments proprietary, high-speed,silicon-germanium (SiGe) process to achieve significant performance improvements over otherhigh-speed, FET-input amplifiers. A fast slew rate (1400 V/µs) provides highlarge-signal bandwidth and low distortion.
The 2.7-GHz gain-bandwidth, low 2.4-pF total input capacitance, and 2.2nV/√Hz of noise makes the OPA818 an extremely versatile, wideband TIAphotodiode amplifier for use in optical test and communication equipment, and many medical,scientific, and industrial instruments. The OPA818 can achieve over 85-MHz signal bandwidth in TIAconfiguration with 20-kΩ TIA gain (RF) and 0.5-pF photodiode capacitance(CD) with wide output swings. The decompensated, low-noise architecture withpico amperes of input bias current is also well-suited for high-gain test and measurementapplications that have variable or high source impedance. Though normally stable in gains ≥ 7 V/V,the OPA818 can be used in applications with lower gains by applying noise-gain shapingtechniques.
The OPA818 is available in an 8-lead WSON package with an exposed thermal pad for heatdissipation. This device is specified to operate over the industrial temperature range of –40°C to+85°C.