|Package | PIN:||DSBGA (YFF) | 15|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input voltage range: 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Output voltage range:
- 1.825 V to 5.2 V
- Output current:
- Up to 2.5 A for VI ≥ 2.5 V,VO = 3.3 V
- Up to 2.5 A forVI ≥ 2.8 V, VO = 3.5 V
- Up to 2 A for VI ≥ 2.5 V, VO =3.5 V
- Typical efficiency >90% for IO = 1 mA to 2 A
- Typical supply current of 11µA
- Power-savemode (user-selectable)
- Real buck, boost and buck-boost operation with automatic mode transition
- I²C Interface (up to 1 MHz)
- Robust operation:
- Output overcurrent
- Thermal shutdown
- True shutdown function with load disconnect and active outputdischarge
- 15-ball, 0.4-mm pitch DSBGA package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments XPS63810YFFT
The TPS63810 device is anI2C programmable buck-boost converter intended primarily forapplications supplied from a single-cell Li-Ion battery. It uses a novel control scheme with threedistinct operating modes: buck, boost and buck-boost. Compared with traditional average-currentcontrol schemes, the TPS63810 device has a more predictable behavior duringbuck-boost operation.
With a quiescent current of only 11 µA, the TPS63810 device achieves efficienciesgreater than 90% for output currents from 1 mA to 2 A. It also has a fast dynamic response, whichenables it to maintain tight regulation of the output voltage even in the presence of loadtransients.
Two VOUT registers set the output voltage, and a VSEL pin selects which output voltageregister is active. Thus the device can support dynamic voltage scaling; for example, to supportapplications with low-power and high-power modes of operation. When the logic level on the VSEL pinchanges, the TPS63810 device ramps linearly to the new output voltagesetting.
The TPS63810 device requires only five external components and can beimplemented with an active PCB area of only 39 mm2.