|Package | PIN:||VQFN-HR (RJE) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input voltage range: 4.5 V to 18 V
- DCAP3™ architecture control for fast transient response
- Output voltage range: 0.6 V to 5.5 V
- ±1% feedback voltage accuracy (25°C)
- Continual output current: 12 A
- integrated 17-mΩ and 5.9-mΩ RDS(on) Internal Power Switch
- Eco-mode and FCCM mode selectable for light-load running by MODE pin
- Low quiescent current: 120 µA
- 500-kHz and 800-kHz selectable switching frequency
- Adjustable soft-start time with default 1.2 ms
- Power good indicator
- Built-in output discharge function
- Cycle-by-cycle over current protection
- Non-latch OV, UV, OT and UVLO protections
- 20-pin 3.0-mm × 3.0-mm HotRod™ VQFN package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments XTPS56C230RJET
The TPS56C230 is a cost effective, high-voltage input, synchronous buck converter withintegrated FETs.
The TPS56C230 operates with supply input voltage ranging from 4.5 V to 18 V. It usesDCAP3™ control mode to provide a fast transient response, goodline, load regulation, no requirement for external compensation, and supports low equivalent seriesresistance (ESR) output capacitors such as specialty polymer and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors.
The TPS56C230 is a high efficiency converter, and provides complete protections includingOVP, UVP, OCP, OTP and UVLO. It combines power-good signal and output discharge function.
MODE pin in TPS56C230 can be used to set Eco mode or FCCM mode for light-load running.The Eco mode maintains high efficiency during light load operation, and FCCM mode operations keepoutput ripple small at light load.
The TPS56C230 supports both internal and external soft-start time option. It has theinternal fixed soft-start time 1.2 ms, if the application needs higher soft-start time, theexternal SS pin can be used to achieve it by connecting the external capacitor.
The TPS56C230 is available in a 20-pin 3.0-mm x 3.0-mm HotRod™ package and the junction temperature is specified from –40°C to125°C.