|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Built-In Track-and-Hold Function
- No Missing Codes
- No External Clocking
- Single Supply—5 VDC
- Easy Interface to All Microprocessors, or Operates Stand-Alone
- Latched TRI-STATE Output
- Logic Inputs and Outputs Meet Both MOS and T2L Voltage Level Specifications
- Operates Ratiometrically or with any Reference Value Equal to or Less than VCC
- 0V to 5V Analog Input Voltage Range with Single 5V Supply
- No Zero or Full-Scale Adjust Required
- Overflow Output Available for Cascading
- 0.3 in. Standard Width 20-Pin PDIP
- 20-Pin PLCC
- 20-Pin SOIC
- Resolution: 8 Bits
- Conversion Time
- 2.5 µs Max (RD Mode)
- 1.5 µs Max (WR-RD Mode)
- Low Power: 75 mW Max
- Total Unadjusted Error: ±½ LSB and ± 1 LSB
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ADC0820BCWMX/NOPB
By using a half-flash conversion technique, the 8-bit ADC0820-N CMOS A/D offers a 1.5 µs conversion time and dissipates only 75 mW of power. The half-flash technique consists of 32 comparators, a most significant 4-bit ADC and a least significant 4-bit ADC.
The input to the ADC0820-N is tracked and held by the input sampling circuitry eliminating the need for an external sample-and-hold for signals moving at less than 100 mV/µs.
For ease of interface to microprocessors, the ADC0820-N has been designed to appear as a memory location or I/O port without the need for external interfacing logic.