|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- I2C-Compatible 2-Wire Interface Which Supports Standard (100kHz), Fast (400kHz), and High Speed (3.4MHz) Modes
- Extended Power Supply Range (+2.7V to +5.5V)
- Up to Nine Pin-Selectable Chip Addresses (VSSOP Only)
- Out-of-Range Alert Function
- Automatic Power-Down Mode while Not Converting
- Very Small 6-Pin SOT and 8-Pin VSSOP Packages
- ADC121C021Q is an Automotive Grade Product that is AEC-Q100 Grade 2 Qualified
- Resolution: 12 Bits (No Missing Codes)
- Conversion Time: 1µs (Typ)
- INL & DNL: ±1 LSB (Max) (Up to 22ksps)
- Throughput Rate: 188.9 ksps (Max)
- Power Consumption (at 22 ksps)
- 3V Supply: 0.26 mW (Typ)
- 5v Supply: 0.78 mW (Typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. I2C is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments ADC121C021QIMK/NOPB
These converters are low-power, monolithic, 12-bit, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that operates from a +2.7 to 5.5V supply. The converter is based upon a successive approximation register architecture with an internal track-and-hold circuit that can handle input frequencies up to 11MHz. These converters operate from a single supply which also serves as the reference. The device features an I2C-compatible serial interface that operates in all three speed modes, including high speed mode (3.4MHz).
The ADC121C021's Alert feature provides an interrupt that is activated when the analog input violates a programmable upper or lower limit value. The device features an automatic conversion mode, which frees up the controller and I2C interface. In this mode, the ADC continuously monitors the analog input for an out-of-range condition and provides an interrupt if the measured voltage goes out-of-range.
The ADC121C021 comes in two packages: a small 6-pin SOT package with an alert output, and an 8-pin VSSOP package with an alert output and two address selection inputs. The ADC121C021Q is available in a 6-pin SOT package. The ADC121C027 comes in a small 6-pin SOT package with an address selection input. The ADC121C027 provides three pin-selectable addresses while the 8-pin VSSOP version of the ADC121C021 provides nine pin-selectable addresses. Pin-compatible alternatives to the 6-pin SOT options are available with additional address options.
Normal power consumption using a +3V or +5V supply is 0.26mW or 0.78mW, respectively. The automatic power-down feature reduces the power consumption to less than 1µW while not converting. Operation over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +105°C is ensured. Their low power consumption and small packages make this family of ADCs an excellent choice for use in battery operated equipment.
The ADC121C021 and ADC121C027 are part of a family of pin-compatible ADCs that also provide 8 and 10 bit resolution. For 8-bit ADCs see the ADC081C021 and ADC081C027. For 10-bit ADCs see the ADC101C021 and ADC101C027.