|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C
- HBM ESD Classification 2
- CDM ESD Classification C6
- Wide Supply Range: 2 V to 5.5 V
- Low Current Consumption:
- Continuous Mode: Only 150 µA
- Single-Shot Mode: Automatic Power-Down
- Programmable Data Rate: 8 SPS to 860 SPS
- Single-Cycle Settling
- Internal Low-Drift Voltage Reference
- Internal Temperature Sensor:
2°C (Maximum) Error
- Internal Oscillator
- Internal PGA
- Four Single-Ended or Two Differential Inputs
Texas Instruments ADS1118QDGSRQ1
The ADS1118-Q1 is a precision, low power, 16-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that provides all features necessary to measure the most common sensor signals. The ADS1118-Q1 integrates a programmable gain amplifier (PGA), voltage reference, oscillator and high-accuracy temperature sensor. These features, along with a wide power-supply range from 2 V to 5.5 V, make the ADS1118-Q1 ideally suited for power- and space-constrained, sensor-measurement applications.
The ADS1118-Q1 performs conversions at data rates up to 860 samples per second (SPS). The PGA offers input ranges from ±256 mV to ±6.144 V, allowing both large and small signals to be measured with high resolution. An input multiplexer (mux) allows measurement of two differential or four single-ended inputs. The high-accuracy temperature sensor is used for system-level temperature monitoring, or cold-junction compensation for thermocouples.
The ADS1118-Q1 operates either in continuous-conversion mode, or in a single-shot mode that automatically powers down after a conversion. Single-shot mode significantly reduces current consumption during idle periods. Data are transferred through a serial peripheral interface (SPI™). The ADS1118-Q1 is specified from –40°C to +125°C.