|Package | PIN:||PFB | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- 3.3-V Single-Supply Operation
- Dual Simultaneous Sample-and-Hold Inputs
- Differential or Single-Ended Analog Inputs
- Programmable Gain Amplifier: 0 dB to 18 dB
- Separate Serial Control Interface
- Single or Dual Parallel Bus Output
- 60-dB SNR at fIN = 10.5 MHz
- 73-dB SFDR at fIN = 10.5 MHz
- Low Power: 275 mW
- 300-MHz Analog Input Bandwidth
- 3.3-V TTL/CMOS-Compatible Digital I/O
- Internal or External Reference
- Adjustable Reference Input Range
- Power-Down (Standby) Mode
- TQFP-48 Package
- Digital Communications (Baseband Sampling)
- Portable Instrumentation
- Video Processing
Texas Instruments ADS5204IPFBRG4Q1
The ADS5204 is a dual 10-bit, 40 MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC). It simultaneously converts each analog input signal into a 10-bit, binary coded digital word up to a maximum sampling rate of 40 MSPS per channel. All digital inputs and outputs are 3.3-V TTL/CMOS compatible.
An innovative dual pipeline architecture implemented in a CMOS process and the 3.3-V supply results in very low power dissipation. In order to provide maximum flexibility, both top and bottom voltage references can be set from user-supplied voltages. Alternatively, if no external references are available, the on-chip internal references can be used. Both ADCs share a common reference to improve offset and gain matching. If external reference voltage levels are available, the internal references can be powered down independently from the rest of the chip, resulting in even greater power savings.
The ADS5204 also features dual, onboard programmable gain amplifiers (PGAs) that allow a setting of 0 dB to 18 dB to adjust the gain of each set of inputs in order to match the amplitude of the incoming signal.
The ADS5204 is characterized for operation from 40°C to +85°C and is available in a TQFP-48 package.