|Package | PIN:||DB | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- PGA Gains: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 16, 20 V/V
- Programmable Input (Up to 4-Channel Differential/Up to 8-Channel Single-Ended or Some Combination)
- 1.15-V, 2.048-V, or 2.5-V Internal Reference
- SPI/DSP Compatible Serial Interface ( 20 MHz)
- Throughput Rate: 48 kSamples/sec
- Error Overload Indicator
- Programmable Output 2s Complement/Binary
- 2.7-V to 5.5-V Single Supply Operation
- 4-Bit Digital I/O Via Serial Interface
- Pin Compatible With ADS7870
- SSOP-28 Package
- Portable Battery-Powered Systems
- Low-Power Instrumentation
- Low-Power Control Systems
- Smart Sensor Applications
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ADS7871IDB
The ADS7871 (US patents 6140872, 6060874) is a complete low power data acquisition system on a single chip. It consists of a 4-channel differential/8-channel single-ended multiplexer, precision programmable gain amplifier, 14-bit successive approximation analog-to-digital (A/D) converter and a precision voltage reference.
The programmable-gain amplifier provides high input impedance, excellent gain accuracy, good common-mode rejection, and low noise.
For many low-level signals, no external amplification or impedance buffering is needed between the signal source and the A/D input.
The offset voltage of the PGA is auto zeroed. Gains of 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 16, and 20 V/V allow signals as low as 125 mV to produce full-scale digital outputs.
The ADS7871 contains an internal reference, which is trimmed for high initial accuracy and stability vs temperature. Drift is typically 10 ppm/°C. An external reference can be used in situations where multiple ADS7871s share a common reference.
The serial interface allows the use of SPI, QSPI, Microwire, and 8051-family protocols, without glue logic.