|Package | PIN:||SOT-23 (DBV) | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 3-MHz Sample Rate Serial Device
- 10-Bit Resolution ADS7884
- 8-Bit Resolution ADS7885
- Zero Latency
- 48-MHz Serial Interface
- Supply Range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Low Power Dissipation:
- 6.8 mW at 3-V VDD, 2.5 MSPS
- 15 mw at 5-V VDD, 3 MSPS
- ±0.3 LSB INL, ±0.3 LSB DNL ADS7884
- ±0.15 LSB INL, ±0.1 LSB DNL ADS7885
- 61.7 dB SINAD, -81 dB THD ADS7884
- 49.8 dB SINAD, -68 dB THD ADS7885
- Unipolar Input Range: 0 V to VDD
- Powerdown Current: 1 µA
- Wide Input Bandwidth: 30 MHz at 3 dB
- 6-Pin SOT23 Package
- Base Band Converters in Radio Communication
- Motor Current/Bus Voltage Sensors in Digital Drives
- Optical Networking (DWDM, MEMS Based Switching)
- Optical Sensors
- Battery Powered Systems
- Medical Instrumentations
- High-Speed Data Acquisition Systems
- High-Speed Closed-Loop Systems
Texas Instruments ADS7884SDBVT
The ADS7884 is a 10-bit, 3-MSPS analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and the ADS7885 is a 8-bit, 3-MSPS ADC. The devices include a capacitor based SAR A/D converter with inherent sample and hold. The serial interface in each device is controlled by the CS and SCLK signals for glueless connections with microprocessors and DSPs. The input signal is sampled with the falling edge of CS, and SCLK is used for conversion and serial data output.
The devices operate from a wide supply range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. The low power consumption of the devices make them suitable for battery-powered applications. The devices also include a power saving powerdown feature for when the devices are operated at lower conversion speeds.
The high level of the digital input to the device is not limited to device VDD. This means the digital input can go as high as 5.5 V when device supply is 2.7 V. This feature is useful when digital signals are coming from other circuit with different supply levels. Also this relaxes restriction on power up sequencing.
The ADS7884 and ADS7885 are available in a 6-pin SOT23 package and are specified for operation from -40°C to 125°C.