|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 250-kHz Sampling Rate
- 4-V, 5-V, 10-V, ±3.33-V, ±5-V, and ±10-V Input Ranges
- ±2 LSB Max INL
- ±1 LSB Max DNL, 16-Bit No Missing Codes
- SPI Compatible Serial Output with Daisy-Chain (TAG) Feature
- Single 5-V Supply
- Pin-Compatible with ADS7809 (Low Speed) and 12-Bit ADS8508/7808
- Uses Internal or External Reference
- 70-mW Typ Power Dissipation at 250 KSPS
- 20-Pin SO and 28-Pin SSOP Packages
- Simple DSP Interface
- Industrial Process Control
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Medical Equipment
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments ADS8509IBDW
The ADS8509 is a complete 16-bit sampling analog-to-digital (A/D) converter using state-of-the-art CMOS structures. It contains a complete 16-bit, capacitor-based, successive approximation register (SAR) A/D converter with sample-and-hold, reference, clock, and a serial data interface. Data can be output using the internal clock or can be synchronized to an external data clock. The ADS8509 also provides an output synchronization pulse for ease of use with standard DSP processors.
The ADS8509 is specified at a 250-kHz sampling rate over the full temperature range. Precision resistors provide various input ranges including ±10 V and 0 V to 5 V, while the innovative design allows operation from a single +5-V supply with power dissipation under 100 mW.
The ADS8509 is available in 20-pin SO and 28-pin SSOP packages, both fully specified for operation over the industrial 40°C to 85°C temperature range.