|Package | PIN:||PM | 64|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 14-Bit ADC With Integrated Analog Front-End
- Simultaneous Sampling: 8 Channels
- Pin-Programmable Bipolar Inputs: ±10 V and ±5 V
- High Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- 5-V Analog Supply: 2.3-V to 5-V Digital Supply
- Overvoltage Input Clamp With 7-kV ESD
- Low-Drift, On-Chip Reference (2.5 V) and Buffer
- Excellent Performance:
- 200-kSPS Max Throughputper Channels
- DNL: ±0.2 LSB; INL: ±0.2 LSB
- SNR: 85.8 dB;THD: −109 dB
- Overtemperature Performance:
- Max Offset Drift: 3 ppm/°C
- Gain Drift: 6 ppm/°C
- On-Chip Digital Filter for Oversampling
- Flexible Parallel, Byte, and Serial Interface
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Package: 64-Pin LQFP
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ADS8578SIPMR
The ADS8578S device is an 8-channel, integrated dataacquisition (DAQ) system based on a 14-bit successive approximation (SAR) analog-to-digitalconverter (ADC). All input channels are simultaneously sampled to achieve a maximum throughput of200 kSPS per channel. The device features a complete analog front-end for each channel, including aprogrammable gain amplifier (PGA) with high input impedance of 1 MΩ, input clamp,low-pass filter, and an ADC input driver. The device also features a low-drift, precision referencewith a buffer to drive the ADC. A flexible digital interface supporting serial, parallel, andparallel byte communication enables the device to be used with a variety of hostcontrollers.
The ADS8578S can be configured to accept ±10-V or ±5-V truebipolar inputs using a single 5-V supply. The high input impedance allows direct connection withsensors and transformers, thus eliminating the need for external driver circuits. The highperformance and accuracy, along with zero-latency conversions offered by this device, also make theADS8578S a great choice for many industrial automation and controlapplications.