|Package | PIN:||PM | 64|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 16-Bit ADC With Integrated Analog Front-End
- Simultaneous Sampling: 8 Channels
- Pin-Programmable Bipolar Inputs: ±10 V and ±5 V
- High Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- 5-V Analog Supply: 2.3-V to 5-V I/O Supply
- Overvoltage Input Clamp With 9-kV ESD
- Low-Drift, On-Chip Reference (2.5 V) and Buffer
- 500-kSPS Max Throughput on AllChannels
- DNL: ±0.3 LSB Typ; INL: ±0.5 LSB Typ
- SNR: 92.7 dB Typ; THD: −110 dBTyp
- Over Temperature Performance:
- Max Offset Drift: 3 ppm/°C
- Gain Drift: 6 ppm/°C
- On-Chip Digital Filter for Oversampling
- Flexible Parallel, Byte, and Serial Interface
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Package: LQFP-64
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ADS8588HIPMR
The ADS8588H device is an 8-channel, integrated data acquisition(DAQ) system based on a 16-bit successive approximation (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC).All input channels are simultaneously sampled to achieve a maximum throughput of 500 kSPS perchannel. The device features a complete analog front-end for each channel, including a programmablegain amplifier (PGA) with a high input impedance of 1 MΩ, an input clamp, low-pass filter, and anADC input driver. The device also features a low-drift, precision reference with a buffer to drivethe ADC. A flexible digital interface supporting serial, parallel, and parallel byte communicationenables the device to be used with a variety of host controllers.
The ADS8588H can be configured to accept ±10-V or ±5-V true bipolar inputs using a single 5-V supply. The high input impedanceallows direct connection with sensors and transformers, thus eliminating the need for externaldriver circuits. The high performance and accuracy, along with zero-latency conversions offered bythis device, also means the ADS8588H meets the strict design requirements formany industrial automation and control applications.