|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Resolution: 16-Bits
- High Sample Rate With No Latency Output:
- ADS8920B: 1-MSPS
- ADS8924B: 250-kSPS
- Integrated LDO Enables Single-Supply Operation
- Low Power Reference Buffer with No Droop
- Excellent AC and DC Performance:
- SNR: 96.8-dB, THD: –125-dB
- DNL: ±0.2-LSB, 16-BitNo-Missing-Codes
- Wide Input Range:
- Unipolar Differential Input Range:±VREF
- VREF Input Range: 2.5-V to5-V
- Single-Supply, Low-Power Operation
- Enhanced-SPI Digital Interface
- Interface SCLK: 18-MHz at 1-MSPS
- Configurable Data Parity Output
- Extended Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Small Footprint: 4-mm × 4-mm VQFN
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ADS8920BRGER
The ADS8920B, ADS8922B, and ADS8924B (ADS892xB) belong to a family ofpin-to-pin compatible, high-speed, single-channel, high-precision, 16-bit successive approximationregister (SAR) based analog-to-digital convertors (ADCs) with an integrated reference buffer andintegrated low-dropout regulator (LDO). The device family includes the ADS890xB (20-bit) andADS891xB (18-bit) resolution variants.
The ADS89xxB boost analog performance while maintaining high-resolution data transfer byusing TI’s Enhanced-SPI feature. Enhanced-SPI enables the ADS89xxB to achieve high throughput atlower clock speeds, thereby simplifying the board layout and lowering system cost. Enhanced-SPIalso simplifies clocking-in of data, thereby making this device ideal for applications involvingFPGAs, DSPs. The ADS89xxB is compatible with a standard SPI Interface.
The ADS89xxB has an internal data parity feature that can be appended to the ADC dataoutput. ADC data validation by the host, using parity bits, improves system reliability.