|Package | PIN:||RGZ | 48|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrated Powerline Driver with Thermal and Overcurrent Protection
- Conforms to EN50065-1
- Pin-Compatible to AFE031
- Large Output Swing: 13 VPP at 1.0 A
- Low Power Consumption: 15 mW
- Programmable Tx and Rx Filters
- Supports EN50065 CENELEC Bands A, B, C, D
- Supports OFDM, FSK, and S-FSK
- Supports IEC 61334
- Receive Sensitivity: 20 µVRMS, Typical
- Programmable Tx/Rx Gain Control
- Four-Wire Serial Peripheral Interface
- Two Integrated Zero Crossing Detectors
- Two-Wire Transceiver Buffer
- Package: QFN-48 PowerPAD™
- Extended Junction Temperature Range:
–40°C to +125°C
Texas Instruments AFE030AIRGZR
The AFE030 is a low-cost, integrated, powerline communications (PLC) analog front-end (AFE) device that is capable of capacitive- or transformer-coupled connections to the powerline while under the control of a digital signal processor (DSP) or microcontroller. It is ideal for driving low-impedance lines that require up to 1.0 A into reactive loads. The integrated receiver is able to detect signals down to 20 µVRMS and is capable of a wide range of gain options to adapt to varying input signal conditions. This monolithic integrated circuit provides high reliability in demanding powerline communications applications.
The AFE030 transmit power amplifier operates from a single supply in the range of 7 V to 26 V. At maximum output current, a wide output swing provides a 12-VPP (IOUT = 1.0 A) capability with a nominal 15-V supply. The analog and digital signal processing circuitry operates from a single 3.3-V power supply.
The AFE030 is internally protected against overtemperature and short-circuit conditions. It also provides an adjustable current limit. An interrupt output is provided that indicates both current limit and thermal limit. There is also a shutdown pin that can be used to quickly put the device into its lowest power state. Through the four-wire serial peripheral interface, or SPI™, each functional block can be enabled or disabled to optimize power dissipation.
The AFE030 is housed in a thermally-enhanced, surface-mount PowerPAD package (QFN-48). Operation is specified over the extended industrial junction temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.