|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Pin-Compatible Family Optimized for Shunt-Resistor-Based Current Measurements:
- ±50-mV or ±250-mV Input Voltage Ranges
- CMOS or LVDS Digital Interface Options
- Excellent DC Performance Supporting High-Precision Sensing on System Level:
- Offset Error: ±50 µV or ±150 µV (max)
- Offset Drift: 1.3 µV/°C (max)
- Gain Error: ±0.3% (max)
- Gain Drift: ±40 ppm/°C (max)
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7000-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10(VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CAN/CSA No. 5A-Component Acceptance Service Notice, IEC60950-1, and IEC 60065 End Equipment Standards
- Transient Immunity: 15 kV/µs (min)
- High Electromagnetic Field Immunity
(see Application Note SLLA181A)
- External 5-MHz to 20-MHz Clock Input for
Easier System-Level Synchronization
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial Temperature Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments AMC1305M05DW
The AMC1305 device is a precision, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulator with theoutput separated from the input circuitry by a capacitive double isolation barrier that is highlyresistant to magnetic interference. This barrier is certified to provide reinforced isolation of upto 7000 VPEAK according to the DIN V VDE V 0884-10, UL1577, and CSAstandards. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, the device prevents noise currents ona high common-mode voltage line from entering the local system ground and interfering with ordamaging low voltage circuitry.
The AMC1305 is optimized for direct connection toshunt resistors or other low voltage level signal sources and supports excellent dc and acperformance. Shunt resistors are typically used to sense currents in motor drives, green energygeneration systems, or other industrial applications. By using an appropriate digital filter (thatis, as integrated on the TMS320F2837x)to decimate the bit stream, the device can achieve 16 bits of resolution with a dynamic range of 85dB (13.8 ENOB) at a data rate of 78 kSPS.
On the high-side, the modulator is supplied with a nominal voltage of 5 V (AVDD), whereasthe isolated digital interface operates from a 3.3-V or 5-V power supply (DVDD).
The AMC1305 is available in a wide-body SOIC-16 (DW) package and is specified from –40°C to +125°C.