|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C
- HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- CDM ESD Classification Level C6
- Pin-Compatible Family With:
- ±50-mV or ±250-mV Input Voltage Ranges
- CMOS or LVDS Digital Interface Options
- Excellent DC Performance:
- Offset Error: ±50 µV or ±150 µV (max)
- Offset Drift: 1.3 µV/°C (max)
- Gain Error: ±0.3% (max)
- Gain Drift: ±40 ppm/°C (max)
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7000-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CAN/CSA No. 5A-Component Acceptance Service Notice
- Transient Immunity: 15 kV/µs (min)
- High Electromagnetic Field Immunity
(see Application Note SLLA181A)
- External 5-MHz to 20-MHz Clock Input
Texas Instruments AMC1305M25QDWRQ1
The AMC1305-Q1 device is a precision, delta-sigma (ΔΣ) modulator with the output separated from the input circuitry by a capacitive double isolation barrier that is highly resistant to magnetic interference. This barrier is certified to provide reinforced isolation of up to 7000 VPEAK according to the DIN V VDE V 0884-10, UL1577, and CSA standards. Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, the device prevents noise currents on a high common-mode voltage line from entering the local system ground and interfering with or damaging low voltage circuitry.
The AMC1305-Q1 is optimized for direct connection to shunt resistors or other low voltage level signal sources and supports excellent dc and ac performance. Shunt resistors are typically used to sense currents in traction inverters, onboard chargers, or other such automotive applications. By using an appropriate digital filter (that is, as integrated on the TMS320F2837x) to decimate the bit stream, the device can achieve 16 bits of resolution with a dynamic range of 85 dB (13.8 ENOB) at a data rate of 78 kSPS.
On the high-side, the modulator is supplied with a nominal voltage of 5 V (AVDD), whereas the isolated digital interface operates from a 3.3-V or 5-V power supply (DVDD).
The AMC1305-Q1 is available in a wide-body SOIC-16 (DW) package.