|Package | PIN:||P | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Fast charge of nickel cadmium
or nickel-metal hydride batteries
- Direct LED output displays charge status
- Fast-charge termination by -.V, maximum voltage,
maximum temperature, and maximum time
- Internal band-gap voltage reference
- Selectable pulse-trickle charge rates
- Low-power mode
- 8-pin 300-mil DIP or 150-mil SOIC
Texas Instruments BQ2002CPN
The bq2002C Fast-Charge IC is a lowcost CMOS battery-charge controller providing reliable charge termination for both NiCd and NiMH battery applications. Controlling a current-limited or constant-current supply allows the bq2002C to be the basis for a cost effective stand-alone or system-integrated charger. The bq2002C integrates fast charge with pulsed-trickle control in a single IC for charging one or more NiCd or NiMH battery cells.
Fast charge is initiated on application of the charging supply or battery replacement. For safety, fast charge is inhibited if the battery temperature and voltage are outside configured limits.
Fast charge is terminated by any of the following:
- Peak voltage detection (PVD)
- Negative delta voltage (ΔV)
- Maximum voltage
- Maximum temperature
- Maximum time
After fast charge, the bq2002C pulsetrickles the battery per the preconfigured limits. Fast charge may be inhibited using the INH pin. The bq2002C may also be placed in low standby-power mode to reduce system power consumption.