|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Fast charge of nickel cadmium or nickel-metal hydride batteries
- Direct LED output displays charge status
- Fast-charge termination by rate of rise of temperature, maximum voltage, maximum
temperature, and maximum time
- Internal band-gap voltage reference
- Optional top-off charge (bq2002T only)
- Selectable pulse-trickle charge rates (bq2002T only)
- Low-power mode
- 8-pin 300-mil DIP or 150-mil SOIC
Texas Instruments BQ2002TSN
The bq2002D/T Fast-Charge IC are low-cost CMOS battery-charge controllers able to provide reliable charge termination for both NiCd and NiMH battery applications. Controlling a current-limited or constant-current supply allows the bq2002D/T to be the basis for a cost-effective stand-alone or system-integrated charger. The bq2002D/T integrates fast charge with optional top-off and pulsed-trickle control in a single IC for charging one or more NiCd or NiMH battery cells.
Fast charge is initiated on application of the charging supply or battery replacement. For safety, fast charge is inhibited if the battery temperature and voltage are outside configured limits.
Fast charge is terminated by any of the following:
- Rate of temperature rise
- Maximum voltage
- Maximum temperature
- Maximum time
After fast charge, the bq2002T optionally tops-off and pulse-trickles the battery per the pre-configured limits. Fast charge may be inhibited using the INH pin. The bq2002D/T may be placed in low-standby-power mode to reduce system power consumption.