|Package | PIN:||DBT | 38|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Next Generation Patented Impedance Track™ Technology Accurately Measures Available Charge in Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Batteries
- Better Than 1% Error Over the Lifetime of the Battery
- Supports the Smart Battery Specification SBS V1.1
- Flexible Configuration for 2 to 4 Series Li-Ion and Li-Polymer Cells
- Powerful 8-Bit RISC CPU With Ultralow Power Modes
- Full Array of Programmable Protection Features
- Voltage, Current, and Temperature
- Satisfies JEITA Guidelines
- Added Flexibility to Handle More Complex Charging Profiles
- Lifetime Data Logging
- Supports SHA-1 Authentication
- Complete Battery Protection and Gas Gauge Solution in One Package
- Available in a 38-Pin TSSOP (DBT) package
- Notebook PCs
- Medical and Test Equipment
- Portable Instrumentation
Impedance Track is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments BQ20Z45DBTR
The bq20z45 SBS-compliant gas gauge and protection IC is a single IC solution designed for battery-pack or in-system installation. The bq20z45 measures and maintains an accurate record of available charge in Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries using its integrated high-performance analog peripherals, monitors capacity change, battery impedance, open-circuit voltage, and other critical parameters of the battery pack as well and reports the information to the system host controller over a serial-communication bus. Together with the integrated analog front-end (AFE) short-circuit and overload protection, the bq20z45 maximizes functionality and safety while minimizing external component count, cost, and size in smart battery circuits.
The implemented Impedance Track™ gas gauging technology continuously analyzes the battery impedance, resulting in superior gas-gauging accuracy. This enables remaining capacity to be calculated with discharge rate, temperature, and cell aging all accounted for during each stage of every cycle with high accuracy.