|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Small 3-mm × 3-mm MLP (QFN) Package
- Ideal for Low-Dropout Designs for Single-Cell Li-Ion
or Li-Pol Packs in Space Limited Applications
- Integrated Power FET and Current Sensor for Up to 1-A
- Reverse Leakage Protection Prevents Battery Drainage
- Integrated Current and Voltage Regulation
- ±0.5% Voltage Regulation Accuracy
- Charge Termination by Minimum Current and Time
- Pre-Charge Conditioning With Safety Timer
- Status Outputs for LED or System Interface Indicates
Charge and Fault Conditions
- Battery Insertion and Removal Detection
- Works With Regulated and Unregulated Supplies
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Charge Voltage Options: 4.2 V and 4.36 V
Texas Instruments BQ24014DRCR
The bqTINY™ series are highly integrated Li-Ion and Li-Pol linear charge management devices targeted at space limited portable applications. The bqTINY™ series offer integrated powerFET and current sensor, reverse blocking protection, high accuracy current and voltage regulation, charge status, and charge termination, in a small package.
The bqTINY™ charges the battery in three phases: conditioning, constant current, and constant voltage. Charge is terminated based on minimum current. An internal charge timer provides a backup safety feature for charge termination. The bqTINY™ automatically restarts the charge if the battery voltage falls below an internal threshold. The bqTINY™ automatically enters sleep mode when VCC supply is removed.
In addition to the standard features, different versions of the bqTINY™ offer a multitude of additional features. These include temperature sensing input for detecting hot or cold battery packs; power good (PG) output indicating the presence of valid input power; a TTL-level charge-enable input (CE) used to disable or enable the charge process; and a TTL-level timer and termination enable (TTE) input used to disable or enable the fast-charge timer and charge termination.