|Package | PIN:||RVA | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Capability by Input Voltage Regulation
- Programmable MPPT Setting
- 5-V to 28-V Input Solar Panel
- 600-kHz NMOS-NMOS Synchronous Buck
- Resistor Programmable Float Voltage
- Accommodates Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, Lead Acid Chemistries
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±3% Charge Current Regulation
- ±0.6% Input Voltage Regulation
- High Integration
- Internal Loop Compensation
- Internal Digital Soft Start
- Input Overvoltage Protection
- Battery Temperature-Sensing
- Battery Absent Detection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Charge Status Outputs for LED or Host Processor
- Charge Enable on MPPSET Pin
- Automatic Sleep Mode for Low Power
- < 15-µA OFF-State Battery Discharge Current
- Small 3.5 × 3.5 mm2 16-Pin QFN Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments BQ24650RVAT
The bq24650 device is a highly integrated switch-mode battery charge controller. It provides input voltage regulation, which reduces charge current when input voltage falls below a programmed level. When the input is powered by a solar panel, the input regulation loop lowers the charge current so that the solar panel can provide maximum power output.
The bq24650 offers a constant-frequency synchronous PWM controller with high accuracy current and voltage regulation, charge preconditioning, charge termination, and charge status monitoring.
The bq24650 charges the battery in three phases: pre-conditioning, constant current, and constant voltage. Charge is terminated when the current reaches 1/10 of the fast charge rate. The pre-charge timer is fixed at 30 minutes. The bq24650 automatically restarts the charge cycle if the battery voltage falls below an internal threshold and enters a low quiescent current sleep mode when the input voltage falls below the battery voltage.
The bq24650 supports a battery from 2.1 V to 26 V with VFB set to a 2.1-V feedback reference. The charge current is programmed by selecting an appropriate sense resistor. The bq24650 is available in a 16 -pin, 3.5 mm × 3.5 mm2 thin QFN package.